Join a Culture of Innovation
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We respect every NCB colleague as an individual and believe the diversity of our employees – in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture and experience – helps us provide exemplary service to our customers.
We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent in each of our offices. We offer a work environment where all employees feel welcomed, challenged and rewarded for their contributions. Of our small workforce of 300+ employees, 43% come from diverse races and ethnic backgrounds and 65% of our employees are female.
Diversity and inclusion are part of the bank’s managerial competencies, and we are honored to be recognized by various organizations for our employment practices. Recent awards include:
- Since the inception of the Washington Post Top Employers list in 2014, NCB has been ranked among the top 10% of midsized companies every year.
- Washington Business Journal’s Greater Washington’s Healthiest Employers in 2014 and 2015.
- The Dave Thomas Foundation’s 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces in 2014 and 2016.
- The Society for Human Resource Management recognized the Ohio regional office as one of the Best Employers in Ohio.
- The Mortgage Bankers Association honored NCB as having the Best Overall Corporate Diversity Program.
- Plans that include medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and more.
- Coverage is effective on the first day of the month following your hire date.
- Medical Waiver Coverage for those not needing insurance.
- Part-time employees are offered many of the NCB benefits.
- Discounted prescriptions through our Prescription Drug Plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts that can be used for health care and other expenses.
- NCB offers an Employee Assistance Program for free, confidential counseling for employees and their immediate families.
- Short term and long term disability are available.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account for parents who have childcare expenses, sign up for this flex fund and save money on a pre-tax basis.
- NCB employees are eligible to participate in the retirement plan. A variety of investment options are available to help you grow your retirement savings.
- Employees can contribute to NCB's 401(k) plan and get dollar-for-dollar matching up to six percent of your pre-tax contributions immediately.
- Employees receive discounts and bonuses on NCB Consumer deposits and loans.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, educational assistance and tuition reimbursement.
- To benefit growing families, NCB offers Maternity and Paternity leave.
- Adoption benefits to help with the adoption process and expenses.
- Other types of paid time off, include: bereavement, military and jury duty.
- NCB provides extensive personal and professional training and development to help you develop in your career at NCB.
- NCB pays for corporate and individual memberships in various professional, technical and business organizations that are applicable to your job at NCB.
- NCB offers a business casual dress environment.
- NCB offers several alternative work arrangements including flexible arrival and departure times, and teleworking.
- Receive extra hours of vacation yearly by donating blood.
- Take advantage of summer work hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Employees can take advantage of half-day Fridays through a compressed 40-hour workweek.
- Get a generous cash award when you refer a candidate who is hired by the Bank, and has completed a successful 90-day introductory period of employment.
- Relocation services are available for new hires where there is more than a 100-mile move.
- Protect your dog or cat by purchasing pet insurance through VPI for a small monthly fee.
- For a small monthly fee, take advantage of the legal service plan provided by Hyatt Legal for document review and preparation, civil lawsuit defense, real estate matters, family matters and debt collection defense.
Your New Career Awaits You!
You can apply to any of the jobs listed to the right by viewing the job description.
Eligibility requirements may differ for each benefit or program.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)