Position: Senior Vice President, Business Development Officer
Location: New York, NY
Nature & Scope: The Senior Vice President, Business Development Officer will be responsible for the marketing, business development, and loan origination goals of the New York Cooperative Loan Production Office. The candidate must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with the New York Loan Production Office and fellow Business Development Officers. The candidate’s primary focus will be to facilitate the profitable and efficient origination of salable and portfolio underlying (blanket) cooperative mortgage loans.
- Marketing and business development for origination of salable and portfolio underlying cooperative real estate loans. Maintain existing clients and identify and develop new clients to achieve loan origination goals. Participate in New York networking events to educate prospective clients about NCB, FSB and the solutions we offer to meet their financial needs.
- Manage credit risk by structuring real estate transactions to conform to established credit policy guidelines, Fannie Mae, and CMBS industry standards. Utilize credit and analytical skills to structure loans and mitigate credit risk to acceptable levels. Communicate closely with manager, credit underwriting staff, and capital markets staff to ensure the acceptability of pricing and risk parameters for new loans transactions. Negotiate loan pricing to adequately compensate for risk and to achieve profitability targets.
- Manage and maintain key external relationships involved in sourcing and supporting new real estate loan origination. These contacts include borrowers, management companies, correspondents, brokers, counsel, and other third party representatives.
- Manage the loan process from initial client contact through loan closing by means of effective communication with both internal and external customers and third party relationships. Work closely with the credit team to draft the credit approvals. Interact with loan closing and legal as needed to assist in facilitating loan documentation and closings. Ensure all loan documentation and third party information conforms to loan approval and to capital markets requirements.
- Serve as a secondary lender and to traditional commercial real estate borrowers (retail, office, industrial, multifamily, hotel, etc.)
- Market the Bank’s maturity and non-maturity deposit products as well as its lockbox and cash management services.
- Requires a BA in a business related field.
- Formal credit training preferred, but not required.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of seven years of mortgage and cooperative lending experience.
- Knowledge of New York multifamily and New York cooperative markets is required.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and other financial software is required.
- Candidate must have recent direct experience in the New York City mortgage lending market.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.