Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Data Analyst will provide analytical support to the Risk Management Department including Loan Review and Credit Risk. This will include maintaining and enhancing Risk Management Reporting, assisting in the Allowance for Loan Loss process and preparing information for senior management meetings.
- Maintain existing Risk Management Reports detailing portfolio performance and monitoring of risk metrics. Develop expertise with the Bank’s data sets and enhance the ability of the department to analyze data across multiple data sources to proactively identify and quantify emerging risks.
- Provide analytical support for the Bank’s Allowance for Credit Loss (ACL) process. Input and/or reconcile loan and collateral information into external software used to calculate the ACL. Prepare impairment worksheet templates and Discounted Cash Flow analysis in support of impairment decisions and assist in the preparation of reports for senior management justifying the ACL estimate.
- Work with Accounting, Special Assets and Credit Department personnel to provide data mining support for Enterprise Risk Management committees and other management or external party requests.
- Special Projects and other tasks as assigned.
- BS or BA College Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-5 years experience in Banking or Real Estate with an emphasis on data mining and aggregating and reporting results
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint and Word); Knowledge of Sageworks system a plus
- Basic knowledge of database management
- Superior data presentation skills and attention to detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org