Position: NCB Capital Impact, Community Engagement Associate
Location: Oakland, CA
Nature & Scope: The Cornerstone Partnership, an initiative of CSG/NCB Capital Impact, supports local and state homeownership programs that preserve long-term affordability and community stability. Since 2010, we have grown to over 700 members located across the U.S. We engage with our members through a variety of communication and programming activities, including monthly e-newsletters, bi-monthly webinars, and program assessments. In 2011, we were awarded a competitive Social Innovation Fund (SIF) grant, which enables us to provide operating support grants to 10 innovative local homeownership programs across the country and to conduct a multi‐year evaluation of the impact of these programs. We recently launched HomeKeeper, a Salesforce.com app that helps organizations manage their homeownership programs and produce data that will eventually generate performance outcome reports to help nonprofits benchmark themselves against their peers. We also operate member-driven Working Group initiatives through online and in-person peer convenings.
The Community Engagement Associate will help us coordinate our member programming activities by supporting communications, marketing, and member engagement activities for Cornerstone Partnership. We are seeking a strong self-starter with the ability to manage many responsibilities in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Write and edit informational materials such as marketing materials, newsletters, organizational templates, press releases, etc.
- In collaboration with staff, develop communication strategies that utilize web, email, and social media channels to achieve organizational goals.
- Write, edit and implement online content for website, email marketing, social media, and blog
- Develop narratives and other outreach materials that raise awareness about Cornerstone Partnership
- Create and distribute regular reports on online activities including web analytics
- Support the production of web, electronic and printed publication
- Assist in developing strategies to strengthen brand awareness
- Develop tracking and reporting metrics for communications channels and implement revised strategies based on data to improve results
- Assist in working with web developer (s) to coordinate development of a new website
- Support management in strategic planning and program implementation to recruit and engage members
- Develop and manage member on-boarding process through online or phone communications
- Moderate list-serves and social media portals to advance peer learning
- Develop and administer member surveys
- Assist in coordinating and planning events and webinars
- Assist staff in organizing, indexing, and sharing knowledge resources through online platforms
- Monitor news sources, member websites and publications for items that would be of interest to our stakeholders
- Maintain and update membership contact lists, managing opt-outs, and providing ad-hoc user support
- Research online platforms and website tools
- Assist in setting-up, recording, and tracking webinar events and attendance
- Collaborate with IT and external consultants to trouble-shoot technology issues as needed
- Undergraduate Degree
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Tech-positive—strong ability to research and learn new technology tools
- Proficient in MS Office; adept at using MS Excel for basic data analysis
- Interest in community and economic development/affordable homeownership programs
- Experience with Salesforce (or other CRM) a plus
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, or web development a plus
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.