Position: Capital Markets Analyst
Location: Arlington, VA
Nature & Scope: To play an essential role in capital markets loan sales. The person will be responsible for conducting due diligence and re-underwriting loans originated for sale, preparing credit write-ups, working with Loan Originators, Investor Reporting, Master Servicing and the Loan Closing Team to assist in loan sale due diligence and/or to provide them information on sold loans. Other responsibilities will include preparing Transaction Approval Memos (TAMs) for all loans sold to Fannie Mae, populating the Backshop system with loan, property and financial information received post loan underwriting, preparing data tapes as needed and helping to conduct diligence on the Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) data on all sold loans.
- Complete loan due diligence and loan re-underwriting for CMBS and Fannie Mae loans
- Ensure all credit risks outside of our contract and the Fannie Mae Multifamily Guide are properly mitigated and approved by Fannie Mae prior to rate lock/trade
- Defend assets to investors/rating agencies and following up with originators/loan servicers on pre- and post-closing items as it relates to these loans
- Responsible for preparing a Transaction Approval Memo for all loans sold to Fannie Mae. Transaction Approval Memos will generally include an asset summary, analysis of third party report, an updated cash flow to capture the loan specific data, credit approval, Fannie Mae approvals of loan specific waivers.
- Populate the Backshop system with loan, borrower and property specific data received post loan approval for all saleable loans. By using the source documents, input property, financial, loan and borrower specific information to the system to ready the loan for due diligence.
- Populate the deal specific data tape for all loans included in the sale and for CMBS sales, act as the back-up person in interfacing with outside accountants to completely verify the data on the tape.
- Interface with Investor Reporting, Loan Originators or other teams to provide them with loan specific information or request information on warehoused and/or sold loans.
- Work with Investor Reporting and Loan Accounting to confirm that the pertinent loan data generated by NCB’s proprietary system (CARP) is accurate and capture all necessary changes prior to providing the report to a third party vendor to value the servicing rights.
- Review valuation reports to ensure that it correctly captures the main characteristics of the loans that are being valued.
- work closely with Loan Closing Team, closing attorneys and other team members of the team to ensure complete documentation and delivery of full loan files to investors and rating agencies.
- Ensure that a complete loan file is available to provide to Investors and Rating Agencies.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or a related major.
- Detail-oriented, accustomed to working within a deadline and comfortable working in a team environment
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data diligence
- Ability to meet deadlines