Position: Vice President, Single Family Default Management
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Nature & Scope: Oversee and manage all special servicing for NCB’s Single Family Lending business. Special Servicing includes the entire default lifecycle, from loss mitigation, to foreclosure alternatives, to foreclosure and REO management, and the collection of default-related claims including mortgage insurance. Manage the performance of the Default Management staff to mitigate losses, and to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and policies. Manage interactions and resolve default-related issues with Fannie Mae, other investors, 3rd party vendors, regulators, and borrowers. Work with other NCB leadership to monitor new regulations and investor policies, and manage the implementation and ongoing roll-out of new internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Create and maintain an environment of process and procedural discipline, operational control, robust risk management, and continuous improvement. Perform special projects as needed.
- Oversee and manage all Single Family loss mitigation and foreclosure alternative activities in compliance with Investor and internal NCB policies
- Oversee and manage the foreclosure process for Single Family foreclosed properties and the collection process for non-real estate collateral; minimize timelines to reduce credit risk; collaborate as needed with internal and external vendors, Investors; monitor legal and bankruptcy issues.
- Oversee and manage all property preservation, eviction and final disposition activities for NCB portfolio REO properties. Oversee transition to Investor REO for all investor-owned properties. Comply with post-foreclosure servicing requirements of Investors
- Oversee and manage servicing for borrowers in bankruptcy to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and court requirements; interface with performing loan servicing staff as needed to ensure that appropriate actions are taken
- Manage collection process associated with mortgage insurance, other Investor claims and other collection efforts. Ensure timely receipt and posting of claim settlements and reimbursable expenses
- Monitor performance of all third party vendors throughout the default life cycle (e.g., attorneys, HOAs, appraisers, etc.)
- Oversee all default-related communication with borrowers including forbearance, short sales and loan modifications. Respond to escalated inquires that affect NCB default management, and resolve complex or sensitive inquiries that require internal communication, collaboration and consultation
- Field inquiries and work with Investor representatives to resolve issues related to loans in default that NCB services on behalf of Investors
- Work with NCB Management to field default-related inquiries, and interact with the Regulators, auditors, or other third parties as required
- Manage operational performance and ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, Investor and NCB policies
- Establish and analyze performance and control metrics; monitor workflow and address issues, bottlenecks, and compliance risks; facilitate continuous improvement and efficiencies
- Perform regular analyses and review of default data, investigate questionable data or performance issues, and advise NCB senior staff as needed
- Act as liaison to Compliance VP and facilitate implementation of regulatory changes within processes and systems.
- Provide training as needed on new policies and procedures, and to reinforce ongoing compliance and operational performance.
- Significant experience in a leadership role dealing with single family mortgages, specifically default operations.
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of/experience with collection management tools
- Familiarity with servicing systems, databases and reporting tools
- Strong communication and customer service skills and experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Decision-making ability within appropriate authority level
- Experience with Fannie Mae – either directly, or as a Fannie Mae servicer – is a significant plus.
- Experience with Coop lending is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.