Position: Records Imaging Specialist
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Records Imaging Specialist operates scanning equipment to perform efficient storage and retrieval of records, documents and drawings. They prepare internal and external documents for scanning including box intake, tracking, disassembly (removal of staples, paper clips, and other binding) and reassembly of document packages. The Records Imaging Specialist also determines appropriate scanner and scanner settings based on document type, planned processing and document characteristics. The Records Imaging Specialist performs optical character recognition and text correction on documents requiring content-based retrieval. Performs image, text, and property reviews to confirm loading, quality, and location of documents stored on the Document Imaging System. Stores image and text files within Document Mangement System by file folder structure and creates/updates properties to provide retreival. Performs quality control on scanned images, checking for rescanning, missing pages, skewed and low quality images. Maintains productiving of pages scanned
This position requires the management and control of the loan files which includes:
- Determining whether a document is scanned based on retention schedule.
- Preparation includes the removal of staples and replacing with paperclips.
- Repairing torn papers and dog-eared corners. Making copies as needed.
- Identifying the document type from standardized lists.
- Capturing index information from PRISM linking screen for indexed fields.
- Copying 3rd Party reports into imaging system when available.
- Filing loans and incoming documents into loan files.
- Tracking of loan files through the scanning and loading process.
- Coordinating work loads with Records Control Specialist.
- Checking files in and out based on requests or as they are returned.
- Retrieve files from Closers, Account Managers, Business Development Officers, Auditors and Risk Management Team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One-two years of relevant hands-on imaging and scanning job related experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.