Position: NCB Capital Impact- Loan Closer/Paralegal
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Loan Closer and Paralegal coordinates and assists with the management of the documentation, closing and funding of loans originated by Capital Impact, including organizing, saving and disseminating documents and third party reports to be efficiently utilized and reviewed by all staff involved in transactions. Review attorney prepared loan documents for compliance with terms and draft form loan documents as appropriate to the situation. Ensure the integrity and completeness of all supporting due diligence and post closing follow-up so that NCB Capital Impact’s position as Lender is sound.
- Manage and monitor the documentation process for all loans originated by Capital Impact from time of loan approval through post-funding – commitment letter review, documentation review and version management, due diligence and “conditions” management, and final document review, signing, disbursement and documentation package to servicing department.
- Work with outside counsel on drafting of transaction documents and in some cases prepare legal documentation using existing form documents.
- Review counsel prepared loan documents to ensure their conformance with approval terms and conditions, require amendments to ensure compliance, and seek loan officer’s comments on business issues.
- Gather all needed collateral information to process loans.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures in the areas of loan documentation, closing, funding, set-up and post-closing follow through.
- Perform such due diligence as ordering and reviewing title reports, environmental audits, surveys, insurance, appraisals, flood searches, UCC searches, and organizational documents.
- Assist with the research and engagement of third party vendors that are most appropriate to match borrowers.
- Expedite the loan closing process through effective written and oral communications with Borrowers, Loan Officers, Attorneys, and third party vendors.
- Attend Deal Team meetings and closing calls as required.
- Lead post closing reviews to obtain missing or pending items and manage closing attorney’s adherence to established standards for collection and submission of closing documents.
- Control collection and payment of closing fees.
- Proactively communicate with Borrowers, Lenders, Attorneys and third party vendors in order to meet closing expectations.
- Policies and Procedures
- Proactively analyze and recommend changes to improve policy compliance, workflow, covenant and exception tracking.
- Participate in a collaborative team to facilitate efficiency and accuracy and effective work flow.
- Bachelor's Degree and Paralegal Certification is a must.
- 5 to 7 years in loan documentation, loan closings, and real estate administration.
- 5 to 10 years commercial and real estate loan documentation and closing experience, with some experience with complex transactions.
- In-depth knowledge systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with file-sharing systems and document imaging systems.
- Knowledge of Loan Accounting Systems.
- Understanding the variety of form documents and understanding when they are appropriately used is essential to this role.
- Good customer relations and communication skills, especially the ability to translate legal requirements.
- Ability to collaborate across teams.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.