Position: Deposit Services Associate
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Nature & Scope: To provide superior customer service while supporting the local Ohio customers/ retail branch locations and national customers/ business development initiatives. Monitor and maintain associated risk to the bank and customers through the company policies, guidelines, and procedures. Performs the daily operational support function of the bank which may include Customer Account support for Branches, Incoming/Outgoing Returns, Research, Adjustments, ACH/Wire Processing, Document Imaging, and various related functions. Some tasks may be complex and rely on experience and judgment to accomplish.
- General Deposit Operations
- Process Deposit Exceptions
- Run & Review Daily Reports
- Check Adjustment request
- Incoming Returns
- Opening new national deposit accounts and preparing all account documents
- Call center support- answering customer and bank department phone request
- Processing research request posted within Orrman
- Check Issuance – Daily
- Process & File Maintenance National Customer files - Daily
- Monthly duties such as interest check mailing and others as assigned.
- Assist with gathering of data for subpoenas
- Processing levee’s and garnishments
- Assist with all operating system updates and testing
- Processing/supporting Fraud Team with unauthorized ACH claims and fraudulent check affidavits
- Fraud Prevention and Detection review and process
- CTR review and support of retail offices
- B notices, annual escheatment, dormant account review, 1099 data creation and review
- Imaging of paper documentation
- Processing standard banking transactions
- Processing and scanning of outgoing checks
- Statement set up and support for all deposit customers
- Balancing your daily entries
- Work with other supporting departments to troubleshoot issues 40% of allotted work day
- Deposit compliance —Responsibilities for this task will include...
- Patriot Act compliance—ensuring proper documentation for files maintained for the National Deposit accounts.
- File maintenance—ensuring proper general documentation (as bank policy requires) for ALL deposit account files maintained by the Ohio Deposit Operations department.
- Truth in Savings disclosure and customer notifications
- General compliance issues—ensuring deposit product and account compliance. For instance, 1099 year end processing, state IOLTA transactions, FACT Act compliance, Reg E compliance and others as necessary and assigned.
- Attending required training relating to department compliance 40% of allotted work day
- Reporting —Responsibilities for this task will include:
- Obtain & Compile requested information as requested
- Various duties as assigned 20% of allotted work day
- College Business Management /Accounting degree preferred
- The minimum requirement for this position is two years of retail/operations banking experience with at least one year of customer service experience
- The associate must have strong computer skills with proficient Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
- The associate must be familiar with usage of basic office equipment and a 12 digit calculator
- The associate must have solid judgment, decision making ability, and be efficient with multi-tasking
- Proven telephone customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience in the financial services industry, to include ACH, Check, wire, and Debit Cards
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well
- Knowledge and compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- \Proven organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Solid judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong oral and written communication
- Accurate and timely with process
- Flexible and resourceful
- Team orientated
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.