Position: Deposit Services Associate
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Nature & Scope: The Deposit Services Associate will specialize in customer service, fraud prevention/detection, personal on-line banking/bill payment, Debit/ATM card requests, dormant accounts, returned mail, REG E claims and department reporting and critical review. The candidate will perform a variety of duties in a fast paced environment to both internal and external customers. As well as utilize active listening, express willingness to help, identify customer's needs, and deliver courteous, professional service in a manner reflecting positively on National Cooperative Bank.
- General Deposit Operations—Responsibilities for this task include:
- Assist customers with telephone banking/ consumer on-line banking services
- Process consumer Internet banking enrollments, assist and troubleshoot concerns, participate in user training, and maintenance to user records as needed.
- Set up E-statement requests and remove as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve bill pay returns and bill pay payment issues
- Process debit card applications, document travel notifications, perform maintenance related to debit cards, troubleshoot cardholder issues or concerns, and reconcile the daily card settlement clearing account.
- Process settlement entries for the off-site ATM locations, report service issues for ATM’s in the outsource program and off-site locations.
- Process charge backs and ATM disputes
- Review and analyze online banking reports for fraudulent or suspicious activity and mitigate risk to the bank.
- Monitor flagged fraud for commercial on-line banking users and commercial ACH originators.
- Troubleshoot and research all issues related to ACH entries reported as unauthorized and provide support and documentation as needed to other FI’s and customers according to the request.
- Create and work daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports related to business process and intra department needs.
- Review and work in-clearing checks for suspected fraud
- Review suspect transactions and accounts that are risk scored for possible suspect behavior or fraudulent activity such as money laundering and account takeover event.
- Various Administrative and Data entry tasks as assigned
- Two years of retail/operations banking experience with at least 1 year of customer service experience is required.
- College degree in business management/accounting is preferred but not required.
- The associate must have solid judgment, decision making ability, and be efficient with multi-tasking
- The associate must have strong computer skills with proficient Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge. The associate must be familiar with a 12 digit calculator and basic office equipment.
- The associate must be knowledgeable and compliant with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry.
- Associate must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- The associate must have strong organizational skills, problem solving ability, and analytical skills.
- The associate must be capable of making solid judgements and decisions
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.