Position: Loan Support Specialist
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Nature & Scope: The overall purpose of this position is to process and clear a mortgage loan file, order/process an appraisal, and provide excellent customer service.
- Review and compile loan file that is received from a loan officer in the appropriate stacking order and process contents to Loan Policies of NCB Investor Guidelines (FNMA), Mortgage Insurance Companies Guidelines and Federal Compliance Regulations. Once processing is complete, responsible for submission to Underwriting Department for loan decision. Completes and sends out all disclosures to borrowers (must be in compliance regulations). Processes all change of circumstances on loan files. Assure loan files meet all Regulatory Compliance of RESPA, HMDA and TILA.
- Once a commitment letter has been issued by the underwriting department; will work directly with borrower and/or Loan Officer to obtain stated conditions. Responsible to review the conditions and assure conditions meets the underwriter’s specification. Update the loan application file and mortgage loan processing system with the updated condition from the borrower. File is then re-submitted to the underwriting department for final review and sign off of conditions and clearing of the loan file. Notify all parties once a file is clear to schedule a closing
- Process all appraisal fee payments. Will request order form from the Appraisal Department. Once an appraisal is received; will be responsible for sending the borrower a copy of the appraisal report.
- Attend pipeline meetings (as needed). Manage loan files and conditions through encompass views. Track communications from Loan Officers, 3rd parties, etc. in the Loan Operation System.
- Assist in Loan Officer’s duties when Loan Officer is out of office, by directing customer’s to the Loan Officer handling their region. Answer any questions throughout the loan process that a borrower or 3rd party may have. Responding quickly to all customers inquires and route to staff members who can offer assistance. Provide excellent customer service when answering phones.
- Responsible for requesting updated project approval information and settlement companies.
- One to two years banking experience preferred
- Processing experience preferred
- Mortgage experience preferred
- General computer knowledge, as well as Microsoft and Excel.
- Skills for oral and written communication, organization, flexibility, and knowing how the mortgage process works.
- Ability to use the phone, fax machines, copiers, scanners and typewriter.
- Ability to work in a timely fashion and learn new procedures quickly.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.