Position: Data Architect
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The role of the Data Architect is to help formulate and facilitate the organization’s strategic data goals by working with business users, project managers, regulators, DBA’s, programmer/analysts, network engineers, and other support personnel to insure databases provide business users with enterprise financial data needed for regulatory reporting and complex analysis.
- Design, develop and implement data models for enterprise-level applications and systems
- Set and implement data processing best practices
- Ensure daily data loads are successfully executed by providing support to network engineers
- Understand data governance standards based on SOX control policies
- Build data solutions for NCB business units and partners, utilizing data-warehousing methods and principles
- Analyze and document business rules, business processes, functional and technical requirements to assist with implementation of business solutions
- Check application server logs for errors and ensure the integrity of data
- Make key recommendations regarding data solutions with limited supervision.
- Utilize experience in SSIS, Data modeling, MS SQL Server, ETL Solutions, software development life cycle (SDLC), RDBMS data architecture, and data source connectivity protocols such as ODBC/OLE DB.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related and at least one year of related progressive experience or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related and at least five years of related progressive experience.
If you would like to apply for this position, please mail a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to M. F. Harris, Managing Director, HR, NCB, 2011 Crystal Dr. Ste. 800, Arlington, VA 22002.