Position: Business Analyst
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Business Analyst will work closely with the Commercial Real Estate Lending business areas (origination, credit, closing, and servicing) to improve business efficiency and productivity.
New System Implementation phase:
- Working with business areas in defining and documenting business functional requirements and rules for the new system configuration. Communicating the requirements to the vendor and project team.
- Providing commercial lending system support from design and configuration through implementation. Assist team members in creating reports and templates that are needed by the user community.
- Assisting the project team in designing and documenting business processes; working with the vendor in configuring the system to support the new processes.
- Working closely with business areas to create and execute the new system and process test scripts.
- Acquiring in-depth system user and system admin functionality knowledge, preparing and maintaining system user training materials and user manuals.
- Assisting the project team in business area training and assisting in transitioning to the new business processes and technology.
On-going and post implementation:
- Working closely with the business area resources to proactively identify, assess and recommend tactical and strategic technology solutions leading to more efficient business processes.
- Documenting technical and business requirement changes (i.e., detailed business requirements including business rules, process and data flows etc) and communicating the requirements to the vendor and to NCB development team.
- Working with business and IT areas on the system integrations, upgrades, modifications, enhancements.
- Leading Commercial Real Estate Lending area change control process.
- Acting as a liaison between IT groups and business areas to implement solutions (i.e., SDLC or End-User)
- Performing tactical application/configuration support in accordance with policies and procedures
- Coordinating custom and/or Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) application deployments and upgrades with IT and business system owner
- Performing periodic system usage efficiency reviews, making efficiency improvement recommendations
- Creating and maintaining system user manuals, training materials, business test scripts and business process documentation (narratives, SIPOC, diagrams).
- Participating in business process re-engineering activities
- Staying abreast of application technologies supporting Commercial Lending business processes
- Create, maintain and update Commercial Real Estate Lending enterprise architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Results oriented; proactive; customer focused and self-starter
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) for different audience levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create rapport with different stakeholders
- Detail oriented, organized and able to work efficiently on multiple work threads
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail in order to analyze development requirements; participate in the assessment of development requests; and, participate in trouble shooting issues across multiple technologies and platforms
- Requires knowledge of technology concepts and project life-cycle methodologies.
- Minimum 5 years experience with:
- Business process analysis and modeling, business process flow diagram, input-output and narrative documentation
- Microsoft Office applications, Visio, SQL, XML, Data Access and Retrieval tools (e.g., Microstrategy, Tableau, SQL reporting tools
Understanding of relational databases such as MY SQL, Access, SDLC methodologies (i.e., waterfall and/or Agile) producing deliverables and participating in life-cycle phase gate reviews
- Vendor management experience (i.e., SLA oversight, managing software upgrades)
- Ability to comply with; and, recommend business and technical process improvements
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.