Position: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting computer communication networks within an organization. To ensure the smooth operation of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for all users. To design computer networks (set up, monitor, test and evaluate systems) including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets and the Internet. Work on modeling, planning and analysis using software or hardware solutions as applicable. Research products, recommend software and hardware, and resolve problems as necessary.
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipments and related
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Provides Tier-3 support for help desk related problems or incidents
- Provide recommendations for new hardware/software and technologies.
- Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment
- Windows systems, business applications, anti-virus protection, email, and
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software
upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
- Provide access to systems as requested and approved
- Maintain and configure development and test environments
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Provides administration and troubleshooting for Domino Infrastructure
and Application issues
- Manages trouble tickets, diagnoses problems, and recommends and/or implements
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination
with network administrators.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining
system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software
and allocating mass storage space.
- Provides backup recovery of domino databases
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use
of computing resources
- Supports lab environment, configuring and maintaining equipment
- Experience with Lotus Domino version 8.5 and previous versions
- Experience performing Lotus Domino / Notes version upgrades
- Experience supporting BES for Domino
- Fundamental understanding of developing / designing / programming Domino applications
experience implementing and administering network devices, setting and
maintaining policies and rights/security within a Windows Server environment,
- Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Cisco VPN
- Aruba wireless controllers and access points
- HP server platforms
- EMC Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Windows Active Directory
- VMware ESX
- IBM Domino (Lotus Notes)
- Symantec Back-Up Exec software and related backup tape drive
- Software distribution
Demonstrated level of competence, including:
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and
- A practical level of experience implementing and administrating
common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of common
network monitoring and security utilities
- Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs.
firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and
patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
- Basic network security principles and best practices
- 5 -7 years of network administration experience
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably IS or CS related)
- Current Microsoft or Cisco certification preferred
- Practical understanding of ITIL preferred, particularly Change Management and
- Practical understanding of Project Management principles preferred
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability as necessary and appropriate
If you would like to apply for this position, please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.