Position: Credit Analyst
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: Assist in the management of commercial loan and commercial real estate loan relationships that have encountered difficulties and attempt to ensure that the Bank’s/Investor’s assets are preserved and losses minimized. Heavy emphasis on financial analysis for commercial and real estate accounts. Assist in managing a national portfolio in accordance with bank procedures and loan servicing agreements. Monitor all aspects of compliance with various covenants and any bankruptcy issues.
- Assist in the management of customer relationships through analysis of financial performance, covenants, payment history and various reporting requirements. Monitor collateral through analysis of appraisals, borrowing base certificates and legal proceedings. Assist in the management of delinquent, classified and non-performing accounts that are performing below established benchmarks.
- Assist on the development of workout and action plans through assessment of Borrower’s operations, management ability, and effectiveness of any third-party vendors used by Borrowers. Review legal position, financial performance and collateral sufficiency for sub-performing accounts.
- Review and analyze asset valuations, property condition reports and environmental reports. Pursue collection of charged off accounts and personal guarantees. and investors/guarantors (Fannie Mae/SBA).
- On an ongoing basis, prepare and submit watch list and other internal reports. Work with loan review to insure proper risk ratings. Prepare reporting to external investors including CMBS and Fannie Mae.
- Special projects.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-4 years of financial services experience in commercial real estate and/or commercial business lending.
- Understanding of loan structures, documents, procedures, risk management, foreclosure and legal terms.
- Strong understanding of loan documentation and legal contracts.
- Understanding of real estate development, construction and property management.
- For Commercial businesses, knowledge of business operations, management and organizational development.
- Strong communication skills to interact with internal clients, investors, attorneys and third party vendors.
- General understanding of real estate foreclosure and bankruptcy laws.
- 1-4 years experience of spreading statements, generating summary memos, watch list reporting writing and previous working knowledge of credit experience.