Position: NCB Capital Impact, Construction Loan Services Administrator
Location: Crystal City. VA
Nature & Scope: The Construction Loan Services Administrator will manage Capital Impact’s construction loan portfolio according to our lending policies and guidelines. Managing the risks associated with construction lending requires thorough analysis, review and monitoring of each loan, active communication with lending staff, third party service providers and borrowers, and review of third party reports and legal documents. This position requires an individual to possess excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy, collaboration and teamwork and the ability to expeditiously multi-task numerous projects and assignments.
- Engage third party vendors, including Plan & Cost Review and Construction Site Inspectors/Lender’s Rep. and title companies; assist lending staff in reviewing project documents and providing feedback and guidance when necessary and assuring that project documents comply with Loan Procedure & Policy Guidelines. Review and approve all contracts, construction due diligence, budget analysis, title review, bonding analysis, interest reserve analysis and any other items that address construction risk.
- Review closing documents as they relate to construction and verify that they are consistent with the approval and the guidelines. Analyze and manage changes to construction related documents including budgets, legal documents, and architect and construction contracts. Negotiate terms and conditions of construction loans, in collaboration with lending and closing staff, borrowers, other lenders, 3rd party vendors and attorney.
- Administer and service construction loans. Receive, review and approve requisition packages for loan disbursement and maintain project files. Engage third-party vendors to conduct periodic site inspections to construction projects; communicate directly with borrower, architect, contractors and consultants. Complete all reports required regarding disbursements and management of the project, communicate actively with other team members, including the Loan Officer and Loan Servicer regarding status of the project and problem resolution. Reconcile construction budgets to progress reports.
- Manage the conversion of construction loans to permanent loans, closing out all accounts, notifying all applicable parties and obtaining any final reports.
- Perform such due diligence as reviewing As-Built property appraisals, reviewing title reports, environmental audits, surveys, insurance coverages, , flood searches, and other pertinent documents. Proactively communicate with borrowers, lenders, attorneys and third party vendors in order meet closing expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5-7 years in construction management, documentation, construction loan closings and real estate administration.
- Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of commercial and real estate loan structure and documentation, with a focus on construction lending.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good customer relationship and communication skills, especially the ability to translate construction and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of Construction Finance Industry
- Strong team/collaboration work style.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks, have an eye for detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume email@example.com.