Position: NCB Capital Impact, Document & Record Specialist
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Document Specialist will be responsible for the management of the day to day operation of the Documentation File Room handling records retention and quality control of loan collateral for commercial and real estate loan portfolios which include oversight of paper and electronic files. Manage the audit process of loan files and imaging for NCB Capital Impact.
- Responsible for the disposition of all loan documentation from the loan inception through loan payoff stages, which includes new loan file set-up, receipt of trailing documents, filing and scanning of incoming documents as well as management of the ImageNow software scanning process. Ensure that all documents are scanned, indexed and linked in appropriate client folders.
- Design, develop and maintain quality control and self audit program procedures for all loan collateral related to both commercial and real estate loan portfolios, both in paper and electronic forms. Ensure proper security of original promissory notes and deeds of trust:
- Assist management in creating document retention and destruction policies to ensure compliance with current statutory and regulatory standards. Implement efficient and cost effective methods for paper document retention. Help manage inventory for off-site data storage.
- Track outstanding trailing documents, in collaboration with the Closer. Ensure all recorded loan documentation is received once the loan has closed.
- Assist in fulfilling internal and external auditors’ and other staff requests.
- Assist in compiling loan reports for use by management by extracting data from the McCracken system; assist in other projects & research.
- Provide back-up support to the Insurance Coordinator, assist in filing UCC statements and performing UCC searches as needed.
- College degree with emphasis in technology, or some college credits with 3-5 years experience in loan documentation control management involving imaging software.
- Knowledge of commercial and real estate loan documentation strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Candidate should possess excellent organizational qualities and the ability to operate within a team environment and think creatively to develop better systems and process and problem-solve.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.