Position: Loan Officer-NCB Capital Impact
Location: Oakland, CA
Nature & Scope: NCB Capital Impact, a not-for-profit lender and technical assistance provider in low-income communities nationwide, seeks a Loan Officer to strengthen its community lending. The Loan Officer is responsible for representing NCB Capital Impact in its lending in underserved communities, focusing in five key sectors --education, health care, healthy foods, housing, and aging-- building on our long history of lending within these sectors. The ideal candidate will have a passion for work in low-income communities, 2-5 years of experience in lending or consulting to not-for-profit organizations, ideally with organizations serving low-income populations, and a track record of relationship development and management. Knowledge of New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC) and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) is helpful.
- New business development
- With guidance from manager and peers, engage in asset origination through marketing of NCB Capital Impact’s core lines of business through customer contact; attend industry trade conferences and assist with other strategies to promote products and services; foster and maintain key strategic relationships.
- Transaction due diligence
- Structure transactions in coordination with supervisor and credit team; prepare and issue term sheets; arrange follow-up for term sheets.
- Asset origination
- Underwrite new transactions for loan approval. Prepare underwriting memos and present them at credit committee, Prepare commitment letters and negotiate loan documentation. Manage the loan closing process with a small ad hoc team developed to help with analysis, construction monitoring, closing documentation and asset management. Work with partners on loan participations. Manage the loan closing process with a small ad hoc team developed to help with analysis, construction monitoring, closing documentation and asset management. Work with partners on loan participations.
- Portfolio and Program Management
- Manage a small portfolio of strategically significant relationships. Prepare call reports, annual reviews, complete annual site visits and identity new business opportunities. Manage loan programs internally and with external partners.
- Strategic and tactical planning and product innovation
- Participate in and contribute to strategic and tactical planning for NCB Capital Impact’s market sectors. Assist with the development and implementation of new products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in finance or equivalent experience in the field)
- 3-5 years of lending financial services sales and business development experience, ideally with a Community Development Financial Institution, with knowledge of business lending products and services and commercial credit and lending.
- The position requires a person to be computer literate in a PC environment using Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Moody’s Analytics, and Salesforce.com.
- Candidates should have demonstrated sales ability and strong communications skills.
- Candidates must have market knowledge to anticipate needs and impact strategic direction.
- Candidates must have sufficient credit skills to conduct risk assessment, originate transactions and manage a portfolio.
- The person should also have strong verbal, written and organizational skills, be detail-oriented, be a self-starter, and be able to work in a team atmosphere where his or her manager may not work in the same office.
- Prior experience providing credit to education, health care, healthy foods, housing, and aging organizations, and/or CDFIs is a plus.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.