Position: Vice President, Director Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriting
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: Manages the Commercial Real Estate (Traditional CRE, HOA, NMTC, and Co-op) Lending Underwriting process for portfolio and secondary market transactions to ensure compliance to policies and guidelines. In addition manage risk associated with banks current portfolio of commercial real estate transactions. This is a senior level position that is responsible for supervision, quality control and mentoring senior and junior level credit analysts and acts as an adviser to the Chief Credit Officer and Senior Lending Staff.
- Head of the Commercial Real Estate Loan Underwriting and Credit Analysis Team. Responsible for managing, underwriting, and analysis of current and prospective on and off balance sheet commercial real estate, HOA, and Cooperative lending transactions. Works closely with the Chief Credit Officer and senior management for the purpose of reviewing new lending transactions and assessing the credit quality of such transactions. Responsible for the oversight, management and compliance with all lending policies and guidelines in newly originated transactions and current portfolio transactions.
- Provides leadership and sets analytical standards for the Commercial Real Estate Loan Underwriting Team. Provides training and staff development to both senior and junior credit analysts and provides advice to the Line of Business Teams regarding loan structuring, collateral valuations, and loan covenants.
- Works closely with the Chief Credit Officer in developing commercial credit policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines for NCB and its subsidiaries.
- BS/BA Finance, MBA or CFA preferred
- Ten (10) years combined experience as a commercial real estate underwriting/portfolio/credit manager or senior lending officer.
- Minimum of five (5) years commercial real estate CMBS & portfolio lending experience.
- Strong financial analysis skills, with the demonstrated ability to manage and train an analytical staff.
- Completion of Large Bank credit training program.
- Previous supervisory experience managing a staff of three or more professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments under stressful conditions.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.