Position: Vice President, Single Family Default Management
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Nature & Scope: Oversee and manage all special servicing for NCB’s Single Family Lending business. Special Servicing includes the entire default lifecycle, from loss mitigation, to foreclosure alternatives, to foreclosure and REO management, and the collection of default-related claims including mortgage insurance. Manage the performance of the Default Management staff to mitigate losses, and to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and policies. Manage interactions and resolve default-related issues with Fannie Mae, other investors, 3rd party vendors, regulators, and borrowers. Work with other NCB leadership to monitor new regulations and investor policies, and manage the implementation and ongoing roll-out of new internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Create and maintain an environment of process and procedural discipline, operational control, robust risk management, and continuous improvement. Perform special projects as needed.
- Oversee and manage all Single Family loss mitigation and foreclosure alternative activities in compliance with Fannie Mae and internal NCB policies.
- Oversee and manage the foreclosure process for Single Family foreclosed properties; minimize timelines to reduce credit risk; collaborate as needed with internal and external vendors, investors; monitor legal issues.
- Oversee and manage all property preservation, eviction and final disposition activities for NCB portfolio REO properties. Oversee transition to investor REO for all investor-owned properties.
- Oversee and manage servicing for borrowers in bankruptcy to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and court requirements; interface with performing loan servicing staff as needed to ensure that appropriate actions are taken.
- Manage collection process associated with mortgage insurance, FHLB / FNMA / other investor claims, and other collection efforts. Ensure timely receipt and accurate reconciliation of claim settlements and reimbursable expenses.
- Monitor performance of all third party vendors throughout the default life cycle (e.g., attorneys, HOAs, appraisers, etc.)
- Oversee all default-related communication with borrowers including forbearance, short sales and loan modifications. Respond to escalated inquires that affect NCB special
servicing/special assets, and resolve complex or sensitive inquiries that require internal communication, collaboration and consultation.
- Field inquiries and work with Fannie Mae representatives to resolve issues related to loans in default that NCB services on behalf of Fannie Mae as the investor.
- Work with NCB Management to field default-related inquiries, and interact with the OCC, auditors, or other third parties as required.
- Manage operational performance and ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, Fannie Mae and NCB policies.
- Establish and analyze performance and control metrics; monitor workflow and address issues, bottlenecks, and compliance risks; facilitate continuous improvement.
- Perform regular analyses and review of default data, investigate questionable data or performance issues, and advise NCB senior staff as needed.
- Act as liaison to Compliance VP and facilitate implementation of regulatory changes within processes and systems.
- Provide training as needed on new policies and procedures, and to reinforce ongoing compliance and operational performance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, Master’s Degree preferred, 5+ years of related experience.
- Significant experience in a leadership role dealing with single family mortgages, specifically default operations.
- Strong communication and customer service skills and experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with Fannie Mae – either directly, or as a Fannie Mae servicer – is a significant plus.
- Experience with Coop lending is a plus.
- Knowledge of/experience with collection management tools, is a plus.
- Familiarity with databases and reporting is a plus.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.