Position: Head Teller - Wilmington Branch
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Nature and Scope: Day to day management of teller staff including, but not limited to: Scheduling, customer contact, opening new accounts, marketing, phone calls, teller issues that may arise, and handling customer problems or concerns. Responsible for vault transactions including incoming and outgoing cash shipments, buys and sells.
- Head Teller functions include the following responsibilities: Back up security and safety of the branch, completion of monthly branch schedule, utilizing staff efficiently for all branch operations, coordinating monthly teller meetings, completing monthly assistant manager/head teller checklist completely and accurately, completing the branch manager monthly checklist in his or her absence, performing random cash audits for each teller at the branch, providing assistance to tellers with difficult customers or transactions, maintenance of vault transactions and daily vault balancing, ensuring ATM is filled with adequate cash/vault, ensuring cash orders are correct, timely and accurate, organizing of teller lunch schedule, tracking employee leaves of absence, completing the monthly benchmarking report and audit checklists, ensuring all new accounts are opened properly and verified timely for audit purposes, promoting team spirit with employees, overseeing staff performance as it relates to customer service to maintain satisfactory levels, ensuring customers are greeted properly by all staff/customer engagement, wire transactions, record keeping for Public Funds, maintenance of child support records and transactions, contacting customers for excessive overdrafts and complete documentation, processing charge-off's and completing documentation, ensuring all projects/assignments are completed timely and accurately, Managing the CD maturity call list and new account calls, assisting staff with questions/issues/concerns, ensuring all end-of-day processing is complete and accurate and ensuring all brochures are current and branch has an adequate supply (includes all supplies).
- Teller Operations include the following possibilities: Receiving deposits/withdrawals and ensuring that all accounts are properly processed, explaining available financial products and services, completing documents for special services such as direct deposits, savings bonds, traveler's checks, cash advances, gift cards, etc., providing complete account information to customers in a timely manner, opening and maintaining accounts offered by NCB, including IRA's and provide detailed information on IRA accounts, processing safe deposit box transactions and cross-selling products and services to generate new business to existing/new/potential customers.
- Teller functions include the following responsibilities: Cashing checks and processing withdrawals or transfers, verifying signatures and account balances, receiving checks and cash for deposit or payments, verifying amount and examine checks for proper endorsement, Maintaining cash supply within the prescribed cash transfer slips, balance currency, coin and checks at the end of the day, handling drive-up transactions rotating with other tellers, performing file maintenance, processing account holds, filing and other duties as necessary, assisting in logging and processing night depository/ATM transactions and providing assistance in bank by mail transactions.
- Policy, Procedure and Regulatory Compliance Training include the following responsibilities: Completing the training as assigned by Teller Operations Manager, or Compliance Officer, assisting employees with heir max plan preparation, ensuring all employees have completed compliance classes and are cross trained, reviewing and following NCB policies and procedures and being knowledgeable and up-to-date on all regulatory compliance issues as it relates to teller duties.
- Miscellaneous duties include the following responsibilities: Back up assistance for end-of-day balancing, backup ATM balancing for the branch, changing ATM/Debit card pins, representing NCB in a positive light to customers and at community events, informing Branch Manager of ant new or recurring customer or employee situation that needs attention, DR testing, approving timecards, providing feedback on DNA and any issues/questions on the system and other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Two years of prior banking experience required
- Prior cash handling required
- Lending experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Knowledge of Word & Excel required
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.