Position: IT Infrastructure Manager
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The IT infrastructure Manager position is a hands-on technical/management role. The IT infrastructure Manager is responsible for: managing IT technologies and a group of technical IT Infrastructure personnel, developing and establishing IT infrastructure standards and procedures, and assigns work to the operations staff and the analysis, design, deployment, and operations of IT software and hardware systems supporting the business. This individual will work closely with the IT management team and business units to ensure alignment with the Bank’s objectives. The ideal candidate must have both leadership and technical skills to effectively and efficiently manage IT Infrastructure technologies and personnel.
- Oversee all aspects of IT department operations including IT infrastructure, Communication (LAN, WAN, email, etc.), database, backup recovery, regulatory compliance
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT group including downtime, reporting service levels, defining and tracking IT operational metrics and provide status to management
- Prepare overall status and activity metrics that documents and tracks delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, and other key IT performance metrics
- Maintains overall security of the Banks' network, systems, and data
- Ensures high availability of critical business systems hosted by the Bank
- Owns and maintains strict controls on data/system backups and recoverability
- Manage staff members in their daily activities as well as supporting business projects
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of staff augmentation and systems support
- Manage overall capacity utilization of Server/hardware environment ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements
Strategy & Planning
- Contribute to the development of IT departmental strategies to align with the overall business strategy as well as corporate strategy
- Develop and implement hardware and software standards for network, servers, databases, wireless technology, file & print services, etc.
- Develop and implement data retention standards
- Develop and maintain overall backup and recovery strategy (Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity)
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for effective delivery of services and compliance with regulatory guidance
- Establish and implement 'best-practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Overall responsibility for leasing and strategic planning for system upgrades
- Determine, recommend and implement hardware and software upgrades for business applications, server hardware, network equipment, desktop, laptop, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience with 5 years of management experience preferred
- Certifications in Microsoft/Cisco/VMware technologies are a requirement
- ITIL or PMI Certification is preferred
- Must have a strong hands-on/technical knowledge of core Microsoft technologies including but not limited to Windows Servers, Active Directory, MS SQL and core Network/Cisco technologies
like LAN/WAN, subnets, firewalls, VLAN's, and VPN using Cisco switches, routers and ASA's is required
- Must have a strong hands-on/technical knowledge of VMware technologies including ESX 3.5 and ESXi 4.1, vCenter Server, Update Manager, and desktop virtualization
- Must have good understanding of user environment management, including desktops/laptops, profile management, software delivery, etc.
- Must have a good familiarity with other IT Infrastructure technologies like storage area networks (SAN), WAN acceleration devices, virtualization, and data warehouse
- Must have proven management skills with the ability to mentor staff members
- Must have good people skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Must take a lead role as an IT manager and act as a go-to person for the Bank’s business units and IT management when it comes to IT infrastructure technologies supporting both projects and
- Must build/maintain and manage a strong infrastructure team that is capable of supporting the Bank’s dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have a strong technical background and hands-on experience surrounding IT Infrastructure technologies (especially technologies like Microsoft Active Directory, VMware, Cisco, MSSQL
- Must be a champion for pushing IT standards, procedures, policies, and best practices to the infrastructure team
- Must be willing to travel to remote offices to understand current business unit and IT challenges in order to recommend solutions
- Must be very proactive in understanding and staying up-to-date on the current projects in progress, projects in pipeline and operational issues. Similarly, must stay up-to-date with industry
technology trends and applicability of software/hardware solutions
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.