Position: Service Desk Technician
Location: Hillsboro, OH
Nature & Scope: The Service Desk Technician’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails, and/or Service Desk tickets regarding desktop problems. Perform on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels. Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Collaborate with network administrator to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment. Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, and other components and equipment. Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2-5 years equivalent experience
- Certifications in Microsoft or CompTia a+ preferred
- Knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems, Microsoft Office, desktop hardware components, printers and peripherals
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.