Position: Marketing Associate
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Marketing Associate will assist the Strategic Marketing team in the execution of NCB’s marketing and communications goals including:
- Line of business and product marketing
- External and internal communication
- Brand implementation and management
- Tradeshow, event planning and organization
- Social media and web strategy
The Marketing Associate position is responsible for the following day-to-day duties:
- Conference/ Event Planning Support
- Assist in the management of all tradeshows for NCB (collateral material, booth, registration, and shipping)
- Assist with producing all materials necessary for conferences, events and mailings.
- Research, source and negotiate giveaway items that are on brand and useful for specific event.
- Receive and manage inventory of items and distribute as necessary.
- Corporate and Internal Communications
- Assist in monthly PR reports and press releases.
- Track industry news.
- Work on projects to increase internal communications (intranet, internal promotions).
- Assist in organizing NCB’s annual events including annual meeting and congressional briefings.
- Assist in the management of collateral material for lines of businesses and products including brochures, fact sheets, tombstones and case studies.
- Electronic Marketing and Communications
- Ensure data integrity of email marketing lists
- Assist in the development of messages for email marketing campaigns.
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with designer and Strategic Marketing team on the creative design of email campaigns and eNews stories.
- Assist in managing NCB’s web content. Review NCB’s website pages for outdates or incorrect information.
- Identify opportunities to add new, useful information.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing web analytics, and modify content in response.
- Social Media
- Assist in managing and promoting NCB’s social media sites, including Twitter and Facebook
- Assist with research of social media in all sectors.
- Google Adwords- SEO
- Manage NCB’s adwords strategy and effectiveness
- Monitor competitive data and offer ideas for improvement
- Administrative Duties
- Managing invoice payments
- Shipping packages on request
- Updating and maintaining databases and spreadsheets
- Updating and maintaining NCB in the news binders
- Photo library management including procuring electronic, high resolution before and after pictures for key/headline projects, uploading to share drive, in organized and well-labeled fashion.
- Bachelors' Degree in Marketing or Communications
- 2-3 years of related experience in marketing or communications
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and avid communicator and a team player
- Experience in financial services or cooperative industry preferred
- Proficiency in Windows Suite of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Internet Skills (research tool, web site development),
- Social Media capabilities including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms (MagnetMail or Similar), web content management system and webinar technology.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.