Position: Vice President - Loan Review Manager
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: Manage NCB's and its subsidiaries’ Loan Review function, including overall responsibility for reviewing NCB’s and its subsidiaries’ credit exposures to ensure that lending practices conform with established policy, credits are properly risk rated, reserves are correctly allocated, and loan losses are minimized. Manage various reporting to regulatory examiners, rating agencies, internal and external auditors, Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Manage and complete tasks related to the Loan Review examination function, including development of an annual loan review examination plan covering all credit exposures, coordination and management of the examinations under the plan, determination of sample selections, review credit worksheets completed by other Loan Review analysts, and preparation of reports conveying the results of Loan Review examinations. Among other items, such reports will identify and describe the weaknesses noted during the examination (i.e., underwriting, monitoring, collateral, and documentation), determine proper risk rating for each credit reviewed and provide support for decisions to upgrade or downgrade credits, and render a conclusion on the portfolio examined, as well as make recommendations for the improvement of the lending unit’s underwriting and credit administration processes. Conduct “exit meetings” with senior managers regarding examination results and Loan Review recommendations. Present results of examinations to the Risk Management Committee and Board of Directors. Provide support for examination findings and risk rating decisions to examiners and auditors. Coordinate and manage special examinations, as deemed necessary.
- Manage the review of risk rating change recommendations prepared by business lines and have ultimate decision as to appropriate risk ratings for all credits, whether through segment reviews or through such business line recommendations.
- Manage and coordinate the activities relating to the accurate reporting of all impaired, TDR, non-accrual, and REO loans. Ensure and manage the process of impaired, TDR, non-accrual, and REO loan identification. Coordinate the preparation of all impaired loan worksheets to accumulate, summarize, and calculate reserves for impaired loans. Review all impaired loan worksheets on a quarterly basis including selling cost assumptions and valuations. Confirm that all information on each impaired loan worksheet is well documented. Coordinate the timely update of each impairment worksheet and reviewing any new supporting data and documentation. Review the documentation for all TDRs. Monitor the non-accrual and performing status of TDRs.
- Provide training and mentoring to Loan Review Analysts.
- Provide technical and advisory support to lending, credit and loan support teams. Meet with team leaders to discuss credit issues within the Bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with 10+ years experience in credit analysis
- Llending experience
- Familiarity with PC based productivity software and internal reporting applications are essential.
- Strong credit analysis skills
- Lending experience
- Loan workout experience
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principals
- Managerial experience
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Be an independent self-starter
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.