Position: Loan Processor
Location: Hillsboro, Ohio
Nature & Scope: The overall purpose of this position is to clear loan files for closings. This position works with borrowers to clear conditions issued on the commitment letters.
- Condition Processing - Review commitment letter issued by underwriting department. Work directly with borrower and/or Loan Officer/ Broker to obtain stated conditions. Responsible to review the conditions and assure condition meets the underwriter’s specification. Update the loan application file and mortgage loan processing system with the updated condition from the borrower. File is then re-submitted to the underwriting department for final review and sign-off of condition and clearing the loan file. Submitted to the Closing Department.
- Project Approval – Assisting Janet and other processors on gathering coop documents such as questionnaires, financial statements, insurance and by-laws to update the project.
- Pipeline Management - Attend weekly pipeline meetings with Operation Manager and Loan Officer. Maintain Excel Spreadsheet to track progress of loan process, which includes communication with loan officer, underwriting department and borrower. Monitor for compliance with HMDA regulations (30 Day Decision).
- Customer Service – Assist in Loan Officer’s duties when Loan Officer is out of office, by directing customer’s to the Loan Officer handling their region. Responding quickly to all customer inquires and route to staff members who can offer assistance. Provide excellent customer service when answering Cooperative 800 Line, and adding NCB, FSB Receptionist duties in the main lobby.
- Miscellaneous – Responsible for loan application fee processing from customers checks or credit card information. Process payments of Third Party invoices and assist NCB, FSB accounting department with account balancing of related companies.
- One to two years banking experience required.
- Experience in Word, Excel and E3 preferred.
- Skills for oral and written communication, organization and flexibility.
- Knowledge of mortgage processing preferred.
- Ability to work in a timely fashion and learn new procedures quickly
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.