Position: NCB Capital Impact-Investor Manager
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope:
- To oversee the investor remitting and compliance functions (for those functions related to Loan Accounting) for multiple programs and single investors.
- To manage the cash calls for all programs and investors.
- To collaborate with Loan Servicing, Closing, Construction Services, Corporate Accounting, and Lending to ensure conformity with program guidelines, investor guidelines, and loan documentation.
- To Facilitate change by identifying issues, problems and opportunities, by determining whether action is appropriate, and by effectively communicating the importance and need for change.
- To independently manage the large and complex NCBCI products and/or programs
- Investor Accounting:
- Control, review, and analyze all investor loan activity on a regular and on-going basis, to assure loan system accuracy and compliance with participation, servicing agreements and program guidelines.
- Assist with and advise on structuring of new programs as it relates to loan accounting system capabilities, policies and procedures.
- Review and comment on documents for managed loans, NMTC and other loan programs regarding compliance with existing systems, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with CIG, NCBCI Finance and Accounting, and NCB Loan Accounting Department as necessary.
- Process all investor cash calls and sales process of loans being sold into a program or to a single investor.
- Act as primary contact for its counterpart at other organizations regarding Investor payments and other remittances.
- Prepare all investor related GL entries. (I look at this step as being specifically integrated to steps 1 and 2)
- Reconciliation of off balance investor custodial accounts and other Loan Accounting related P&I accounts.
- Initial set-up of new programs on loan accounting system.
- Investor Compliance
- Assist with timely preparation, review and distribution of all management and external third party reports of all managed loans, NMTC and other loan programs.
- Keep accurate records and files of all reporting information submitted.
- Assist Sr. Financial Analyst & CFO with budget and reporting matters related to portfolio and lending programs
- Work closely with Accounting in the development of new programs. Specifically on how to use current systems to manage and accurately report required financial information.
- Represent NCB Capital Impact’s current and future system needs on multiple cross family committees and projects.
- Maintain up to date policies and procedures for all managed programs.
- New Markets Tax Credits
- Distribute CDE and Investment Fund monies adhering to guidelines in the various operating agreements, servicing agreements, and IRS regulations.
- Keep the CDE in compliance with the Equity and Leverage lenders in the transaction
- Manage on average 6 cash accounts per deal.
- On fully funded QEI construction deals, manage the debt service payments on lower tier loans. Track availability of debt service reserve balances approximating remaining number of payments available.
- Track expenses paid as it relates to Audits and Tax returns.
- Create and maintain compliance folders for each deal.
- Cascade funds at closing to ensure accurate documentation of QEI and QLICI are made per IRS requirements
- BA or BS College Degree
- 10+ years experience in loan accounting, including investor reporting, remitting, loan servicing and compliance
- Possess a thorough knowledge of loan documentation, servicing agreements, investor reporting requirements and generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to understand complex programs, regulations and requirements
- Excellent teamwork/collaboration skills, effective communication both written and verbal
- Proven work knowledge of the following software: McCracken Financial Software, McCracken Query functions, Lawson Accounting software
- Exposure to NMTC program helpful
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.